We hope this message finds you and yours healthy during these challenging times.
After much preparation, we are reopening our office on June 1, 2020. We have implemented the following safety measures as mandated by the state and in accordance with best health practices from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
- Our exam rooms and equipment have been sanitized, and will be cleaned before and after every patient according to CDC guidelines.
- We have designated a roving sanitization specialist to continually clean all high-touch areas in the facility.
- Our optical department has been sanitized. All frames have been cleaned and retagged, and we now have a UVC sanitizer for all frames that will be handled.
- We are conducting paperless pre-visit screenings for all patients with upcoming appointments.
- Our staff are up-to-speed on COVID-19 symptoms and utilize CDC recommended Protocols and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Our waiting room is closed to help ensure patients maintain a safe social distance. Please arrive 10-minutes early to allow for curbside check-in. You may call or text our main line to inform the front desk of your arrival. We ask that you wait in your parked car or away from other patients outdoors. Remember to keep your cell phone available for our call. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or other COVID-19 symptom your appointment will be rescheduled.
- Upon your arrival to our front door, your temperature will be taken prior to being brought into the office.
- Only patients, or patients plus one critical caregiver if necessary, are allowed into an appointment.
- All flyers, brochures, displays, toys, magazines, etc. have been removed.
- Our office is closed to all people except patients and healthcare workers (no sales or delivery people will enter the facility).
- We ask that you wear a face mask upon entering the building. If you need a mask, we will sell you one at a reasonable price.
- We have implemented digital tools for check-in as well as contactless payment methods to reduce germ spread via clipboards, pens, and money.
- We’ve added time between appointments to allow for sanitizing and to keep patients apart from one another to avoid high volume or density.
- Any patients or staff who were diagnosed with COVID-19 must have an all-clear notification from their physician before entering our facility.
- We ask that all patients use the hand sanitizer provided at the front door upon entering. It will also be available in other areas of the office.